Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Who am I ?

Dear, Neighbor:

I am getting so tired of elected officials and community leaders trying to attack my integrity because they have none. Since we both know that you are reading my blog, this would be a great time for you to take notes.

Who am I?

I can be your friend or foe, I can be a nightmare or a day dream. One thing for certain is that I represent the impoverished citizens living in the  5th district located in North Hartford. My friends call me Martha Hood, I can do anything Martha Stewart can do with no money. My enemy's nicknamed me shut em' down, because I hold elected leaders and non-profits accountable for their mission statements.

Martha Hood PhD is the Brick House Foundation, My sole mission is to provide services that help individuals and families deal with the many challenges they face in their daily lives through social, educational, emotional and economic development.

Every program and service was designed to support and develop self-sufficiency. Whether it's embracing the homeless, uplifting the abused or abandoned, training and mentoring the disadvantaged or assisting the displaced or unemployed.

The Brick House vision remains the same: serving the people, in addition to meeting the needs, of the community. Martha Hood has been serving North Hartford since 2009. The Brick House Foundation offers a Hand up not a Hand out.

North Hartford is so destitute that I created my own organization , my purpose driven mission is to provide "a place where God's love meets people's needs." My goal is to create a healthy caring community where people feel respected, are fed, clothed,housed, grow in faith and gain the self-esteem needed for a successful, self-sufficient life.

For the last six years, the operations and programs of the Brick House Foundation have been supported and funded by Martha Hood.  My desire is not to be in competition with other non-profits, for I am not seeking a 501(c) 3 status. I just live in a neighborhood over run with crime, poverty and homicide. My desire is to offer support to low income inner city families with children living in North Hartford.

Martha Hood PhD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Belly of the Beast

Can you hear it” The stench of homicide and poverty is calling to be recognized among Black and Latino families of color in every urba...

C.S.I Hartford, Connecticut